Facing the Mirror: Finding a Self to Live With
The major hindrance however to believing, receiving, and ultimately living in the freedoms of righteousness is SELF–that quick-to-judge reflection in our mirror (the one who knows all our shortcomings, mistakes, regrets, and insecurities)–the one who stifles most of our aspirations to being worthy of God’s love (or anyone else’s), simply because we don’t love our own reflection.
In this revealing message, you will:
- See yourself as God sees you
- Learn how to drop the dead weight of guilt, condemnation, and regret
- Discover the Truth about God
- Learn what righteousness is, and the benefits that belong to every believer
- Find out who you are despite what you’ve been through
- Learn the truth about the lies and deceptions that have held you back
- Be taught how to live in the freedom God intended you to have
And for more study, check out the companion workbook.
In this book, Daphne shares the valuable lesson she first learned in front of her own mirror and how she was able to teach it to her son a few years before a tragic car accident almost changed how he saw himself.
The Bible is full of big-sounding words, and the world is full of people who need the benefit of those words–words that fly right over their head, yet have the ability to empower them against the lies of the enemy. One such word is righteousness-the gift given to mankind through Christ to stand before God and all trials with humble confidence. Religion has made it out to sound pious and unattainable, but in reality, righteousness simply describes our right-standing with God (thus, our position), and the effect it should produce in our lives (through our actions).